With the NFL draft days approaching quicky, we will be counting down some great weekly draft party recipes. Be sure to check in each week to see what the new amazing recipe will be!
Today we are giving a delicious thumbs up to these bacon wrapped beer brats! Original recipe credit to hostthetoast.com
- 5 uncooked bratwursts, pierced all over with a fork
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles of beer
- 10 strips uncooked bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup chili sauce such as Heinz chili sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Chives for serving, optional
- Mustard for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place bratwurst in a large pot or deep pan. Pour the beer over the brats and bring to a simmer. Simmer until the bratwursts are cooked through and no longer pink inside, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the bratwursts from the pot, let cool, and then cut into 4 equal-sized pieces.
- One at a time, wrap a brat bite in a half slice of bacon and secure it in place with a toothpick*. Place the wrapped bratwurst on a baking sheet and repeat for the remaining bratwurst pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce and brown sugar. Brush the bratwurst bites generously with the mixture.
- Bake until the bacon is cooked and the glaze caramelizes fully, about 20 minutes. Serve with chives and mustard if desired.
Leave a Reply